Tuesday, February 28, 2006
Grrrr....Apartment Hunting
For those who know me well you know that I HATE change. When I was a little girl I cried when the St. Louis Cardinals traded "my favorite" baseball player. My mom tells me that she found me sobbing in front of the TV saying that "he looked so good in red!". Then when my dad decided to switch to a different company I cried about that too. It was not a big deal. Our family did not have to move nor did I really know anyone he worked with. I just hated change. Well, I think I have grown up some since I was a kid, but maybe not too much. I'm apartment hunting and this phase in my life is bitter sweet. I'm excited about something new, but I'm scared of change and making the right choice. One place I was really excited about that felt perfect totally fell through yesterday. I was so disappointed that I'm back to square one. I spent last night praying that the lease the landlord made would fall through and he would call me back today. So far no calls. Talking to my dad was really helpful yesterday. He reminded me that God was in control and that He has something better in mind for me. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm just a whirlwind of emotions. I hate making big decisions on my own and I absolutely hate change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, it's Natalie. I hate change too... and I MISS you! Thanks for always being patient when I get overwhelmed and fall off the face of the earth.
Hey girl! I miss you too! I found an apartment last weekend near the mall and I'm really excited about it. You will have to come and visit me. I move in about a month. I will try to give you a call sometime. I was thinking about you on Sunday at church. I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment