Winter is finally here. I was wondering if it was just going to skip on by to spring. January had spoiled us with 60 degree weather and sometime it pushed close to 70. We got some snow this past week and the locals are freaking out over 1/2 inch of snow. It's really funny to watch the evening news and hear how the weatherman stayed up all night tracking our "severe weather". The snow has been pretty and it makes the cold winter a little better.
I've been reading a pretty good book lately. I borrowed it from Peyton. It's called Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. It's about how to understand the wonderful and confusing world of the man's heart. It's really for a guy to read but the author also encourages women to read the book too so that we can better understand the men in our life. =) I'm enjoying it and I'm learning more about why God intended men and women to be different. And also how, as a woman, to understand the heart of a man when it seems many times crazy, unrealistic, and untamed.
Another book I read back in January that I recommend to everyone I know is The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. I'm by no means a big reader (ask my mom) nor am I a financial kinda girl and even the thought about reading a book about finance just puts me to sleep. However, this book was really life changing and fun to read. It is just common sense money saving, eliminating debt advice and I have started to use some of the tools he teaches in my own finances. Dave Ramsey also has a radio show I listen to from time to time online. You can listen to it free online at daveramsey.com from 2-5pm eastern time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment