Thursday, October 19, 2006

Again I have to ask myself....

...WHY THE HECK AM I LIVING IN THE SOUTH?!?!?!

In case some of you who have moved away from Chattanooga or have never lived in the south, let me fill you in on the one of our top news stories!! As a northerner and a city/suburbanite girl this totally cracks me up. I shared this story with Becca last weekend and decided that I just needed to make a post about it.

This story was taken from Chattanooga's glorious local TV news station. Take note that is just one story on this "growing" problem in Chattanooga. This story made top news here several nights in a row this spring and continues to be a big topic here. Check out the video clip, it's worth the laughs! ENJOY!




Goats Tackle the Kudzu

The city of Chattanooga is taking a stab at tackling the city's kudzu problem and they've hired some very experienced workers... goats. These guys will spend the next two months on the side of Missionary Ridge. The goal is to knock out the kudzu. Their owner says no problem.
Maurice Beavers says "I'm gone tell you like I told the people at city hall, they said will goats eat kudzu and I said, I guarantee they'll eat it cause they ain't gonna get nothing else."
Public works officials say they'll be back next April if the trial works out.

WRCB TV - Channel 3 - Chattanooga, Tennessee

5 comments:

Heather said...

and for a completely different subject...yay for the cards!!

Emily said...

I know!!!! Yippy!!!! Last night was probably one of the most intense baseball games I've ever watched!

Lydia said...

Wow Em! What am I missing by living in Seattle!?! My favorite part is the quote by the owner, "I'm gone tell you" - that made me laugh out loud at work! Thanks for adding some humor to my day! : )

Meg said...

Hey, maybe those of us from the ignorant, unedjamacated south like our kudzu eating goats. What a trip!

erin said...

hey, i just love the fact that this is the headline and not something a murder or abduction or shooting, etc. I mean you really can't beat the south....
(or my loyalty to it).