Saturday, November 11, 2006

A Week To Reflect


I'm at a cafe tonight trying to make up some work from this past week while I was out sick 2.5 days. I figured to add to my procrastination I would change my blog template. What the heck. I'm not sure if I like it yet, but it's different.

Being sick this past week was not fun at all. However, it was a good chance to really sit back and reflect on some things. I was able to watch hours and hours of TV when I wasn't trying to sleep. So I got some good TV coverage on the election. I was a terrible American this week. I didn't register in time to vote in Tennessee. So, I'm glad Bob Corker won the Senate seat here. It was disapppointing that Jim Talent lost in my home state of Missouri and it made me sick that embrionic stem cell research passed in the MO Constitution. The next two years will be really interesting politically for our country. I'm hoping that the conservatives get there act together again and make some positive changes for the country now that they have been given a serious wake up call. The resignition of Rumsfeld I think is a step in the right direction. We'll just have to see and I will have to vote next time!!!

I've also been feeling a little bit sad and lonely recently too. I blame most of those feelings on the end of daylight savings and not seeing my family in a long time. However, this past week I also realized that I really miss having a house or dorm full of people. There are so many things I would love to do on my weekends off but it's difficult when you feel like your the only one who wants to do them. I'm enjoying having my own place and I don't think I would change my decision about it if I were able to go back and do it again. But I do feel some loneliness. I realized over the past week that majority of my friends here are married. Nothing against marriage, I of course would love to be married one day. I just feel like I need to make some more friends who are single. Some reading this might be thinking, "hmmm...she's just on a husband hunt!" Honestly, I'm not. Sure, I would love to be in a relationship right now if it came my way, but I'm still working out some of my emotions after this summer's break up drama. My church, I love it but it's not perfect, doesn't really have a singles or post-college group. I look forward to my small group each Wednesday night, but 99% of the current group is married and most are several years older than me. My job is fantastic but it's really, really small and again, I'm the only single person there. I'm currently looking into finding another small group at church that has more singles and I've even thought about going to other small group at different churches if they have a singles group. I just feel at a loss right now in what to do. I would appreciate any prayers on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Em- Just wanted to let you know that I'm praying for you! I understand the frustrations of being lonely. When I was at Covenant, I went to First Pres., and they had an awesome college and also post-college singles group. You could check that out! I miss the dorm life too, sometimes. Hang in there, girl! God is with you, and He is taking care of you with his perfect plan.